View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Default archived thread on 3 betting from sb

Hey, still pretty noobish to NL, so going through all the archived threads. Reading one now on 3 betting a solid button opener from the sb.

Question was what do you do w/ 22, 55, 88, kqo, j10s, and a6s. Then, which of these hands do you c-bet on a dry, ragged, ace hi flop? Seemed the majority wanted to 3 best most of these hands pre, and c-bet most flops. No one really provided any reasoning, though, for why (only 1/2 way through, though, so maybe this changes).

Here is a quote of Orange's thoughts (could have chosen anyone, but you are the moderator!):

"with the game i play in, i call 22/55/88 and 3-bet jts/kq/a6s (though calling can be acceptable).

on stars, i 3-bet nearly all, sometimes calling 88.

i bet all on the flop except 88/A6s.

edit: i was confused on the post."

orange, why do just call w/ the PP's, but are more inclined to 3 bet the others? fwiw, i think most wanted to 3 bet even the pairs as well. also, you said on stars you 3 bet- why?- tighter game, more folding equity? curious cuz im learning on the stars 200 game. as for the last part, why do you check your made hands? OP said something similar, and many wanted to check the one top pair hand. isn't this too transparent?

Would appreciate if some regular posters would chime in and tell me WHY (or why not) they are making these plays from the sb. I think aba20 said that he is inclined to often just call from the sb w/ weak pairs- is this correct? and in fitos' well, i think he suggested 3 betting A2-A5s, but folding like A6s-A9s, iirc. thoughts on aba and bobbo's plays?

last question: Assume the same hypo, except solid opener is utg. How do you play these hands now?