View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: November 14th: House Judiciary Committee Hearing Thread

Todays was a short, brief note that will be followed up with tomorrow in more detail and with a phone call.

Addressed to Chairman Conyers:

I am very interested in the hearing Wednesday on Internet Gambling.

I am disappointed it is not being offered via web cast.

Additionally, I support the efforts of many in Congress to un-do the absurd, unworkable UIGEA passed last fall. It is nutty for our government to even be entertaining thoughts of sacrificing American jobs via trade sanctions in an effort to satisfy the misplaced morals of a few.

More importantly, to the world, we are being seen as no better than China. I watched last week with fascination as Chairman Lantos berated YAHOO! for helping China deny citizens access to information on the Internet, now my OWN country is doing the same, denying American citizens access and freedom to enjoy an open and free Internet.

In closing, Sir, please, fix this.

obg

BTW, Glad you are back in action my friend!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

At this time is is not a Web Cast and I see no listing on C-span, though that may change Monday.

We should, I already have, used the contact link asking the committee to Web Cast it and added a comment as well.

http://judiciary.house.gov/Contact.aspx

The great thing here is you do not have to have a rep to contact them, this is the committee itself.

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, please try to get letters to the committee via the contact link, at http://judiciary.house.gov/Contact.aspx. Goodlatte's on that committee, so we can be sure it won't be the cakewalk the last one was. That's okay -- it means we're being taken seriously now.

Please write and post your letter here or on the Action Item thread. It only takes a few minutes. Anyone who doesn't do this (especially you guys who think our #1 problem...surpassing even FoF...is the PPA board makeup) will not be taken seriously here for quite a while. I know I'll disregard such posters.

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]