View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this thread got derailed. So I'm going to share one of my awesome SS stories:

Two years ago a bunch of 2+2ers I'm friends with, went to Turning Stone for a $1k and $5k tourny. While sweating the final table of the $1k we got incredible bored and ended up flipping coins. I ended up losing $12k to Jon Little and the next day when we were out to dinner I told Shannon that I was never gonna flip again because I was obviously upset about losing money doing something so silly. His immediate response was, "what if you got odds? I'll give you 525 to 500," and pulled out his coin. He obviously won the flip.

Anyways, GL with whatever you do Shannon. You're the [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the days...

My SS story comes from that same trip, when he was describing differences between online and live poker, specifically limping in position with bad hands live when you have really good reads on the other players at the table.

SS: For example, at the Bellagio Cup I limped with Ten Five of Spades on the button after a couple limpers. The flop came 2 spades and a weak guy bet so I shoved over.

z32: You limped T5ss? That's such a bad hand.

SS (sheepishly): Someone called and I hit a flush, and I went on to win the tourney, so limping T5ss made me about $800k real equity...

Shannon rocks.