Thread: Home remedies.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Home remedies.

Little did I know that you were a doctor. And yes, we all need to use common sense as well.

You see, that we are talking about things like nausea, headaches, etc, not threatening illnesses like diabetes, malaria, and trichinosis. That was the sole intention of this thread. Perhaps my symptoms are more severe, but any doctor would probably prefer to hear that I am using milk rather than a bottle that explicitly tells you to take no more that 4 pills a day for two weeks.

Yes, I read these stories as well. I also have read about people dying of voodoo treatments because they were afraid of seeing a doctor.

I knew one person who used to work for 1800 dentist. His job was to refer people to dentists, but he usually had to here the effects of people's home remedies. This part of the job was so stressful, that the the office perk was two free message sessions per week.

Story:

One woman was afraid of the dentist and had braces. It was time to take them off, and she decided to take them off herself. She ended up twisting the screw the wrong way, and shattered all of her teeth.

Another guy had a string in his mouth that was bothering him. He took a pair of scissors and cut the string. The pain was so severe that he instantly passed out. It turns out that he cut a nerve. How you let your mouth get like this is beyond my comprehension.

So, yes, your caveat is appreciated, to use common sense with this stuff.