View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Getting run over in home game

Stop playing the lottery?

I don't know man. If you're getting worked at these games and you can't get these guys figured out maybe stop playing there twice a week.

Based on your story here's a small problem I see (please bear in mind that I am not a professional poker player).

You look down and see two Aces looking back. You reach for some chips and put them in the pot. Two players come along. The flop hits and it's trash, you put some more chips in the pot but they're still there. Turn is a brick but if someone flopped the nuts, they still have it (we can't really concern ourselves with this). You reach down and grab some more chips and fire them into the pot but we just can't shake these two (good thing we have pocket Aces on our team). Another brick falls and you check...then:

Known insane person pushes the rest of his chips much closer to where they belong. Granted they don't go quite all the way to you, they end up in the middle of the pot, thus growing a substantial pot substantialer. Then you look down at your Aces and credit "Known Insane Gambooler" with the straight, a set, two-pair, slow-played pocket Jokers, etc...except he has chit, just like he's had the entire night.

If I'm in your shoes I lose a lot of money if Captain Insano has something...because he's a known lunatic.

Don't play at this game anymore. Sign-up for a free fantasy account at ESPN. Download ESPN Poker. Play there. Once you can beat that game...you're ready.