View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Getting run over in home game

I've been playing in a home game twice a week for over a month now and of the 12+ regulars, all but except for one is a loose, calling station. Two players have been killing me, both are maniacs betting with air most of the time. One will not fold to my bets and will always reraise or put me all in at some point.

It is a 1/2 game with a $100 buy in that has players rebuying very often so that a lot of the players have much larger stacks.

There is 0 fold equity there so I've been playing very tight and only betting when I have a strong hand knowing that every hand will have to go to a showdown. But these hand are very few and far between and I'm getting bullied by players who I can't seem to bully back because they call or reraise everything.

An example is I had AA UTG+1 bet 12 PF, got 2 callers, bet 25 on the flop, 2 callers, 40 on turn, 2 callers, checked the river, one puts me all in for 150 on a 357/8/2 board. I muck and the maniac who has been bullying me for a while show Q5.

What is the optimum strategy against this game? I have only been playing big cards, as I am having a hard time getting to a flop with a PP looking for a set because of PF raises hurting my implied odds.