View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Question on Variance & judging your play

[ QUOTE ]
Does one play good if you allways fold and only play AA when blinded down to 1 big blind and you lose while getting it in good?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i definitely consider myself a student of the game, i started playing micro stakes and have read every book watched every show, blah blah blah. I strongly believe my fundamentals are strong (therefore not making giant mistakes like blinding myself down etc.) I also consider myself a thinking player (not just playing my cards, but playing the person, the table dynamics, antes/blind levels, money bubble) I have been reviewing my HH's and am starting to realize you need to win flips and small edge situations in deep stages of MTT's to be successful as well. I play a nitty style in the lower buy in levels becuz people tend to just want to give you chips. There is no pushing ace-rag off a A-J-K flop with a open ended str8 flush draw or hands of that sort.

I joined card runners and hopefully their videos will help me substantially. But clearly, I think if i just try to make the best decision I can on every street which results in getting my money "in good". That is all I can do.

I think this is kinda a good topic tho, does anyone else have any ideas or opinions on if getting your money in good a large percentage of the time truly makes you a winning player. Some winning players who tend to be aggro accumulators will tell you they got all the way to the final table showing their cards no more than 5 times. Is there an advantage to both styles?