View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: 2+2ers hitting up a play money site?

[ QUOTE ]
I am also interested in how much lhe poker-specific information is needed to "train" Sofia?

Reading the description on the website, it sounds as if almost none is required. That is, it sounds as if Sofia is a general engine that needs nothing more than the game rules in order to work its magic, but that seems pretty difficult to believe.

For example, did you have to define situational categories like board textures, betting sequences, etc, that Sofia knew it needed to collect data on and base modelling on? Or was Sofia somehow able to create those categories herself (that seems almost impossible to me)?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some information about this on the Technology page, but basically we do translate game events into a more digestible form for Sonia first (e.g. current pot size, who last bet, the button position etc.). This translation stage can be thought of as her basic set of 'sensory connectors' to the outside world. However, the derivation of meaning from this information, how to use it, when it's important etc. is entirely self learnt by Sonia during her initial training phase, and then ongoing on the site as she interacts with real human players.

The fact that this very thin sensory layer can be replaced by a different layer is what should make her suitable for use in other domains.

I hope this goes some way to answering your questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why does sonia not get the <> around her name if she is also a virtual player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sonia is not a model of any player, hence no <>.

Mark