View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: live 5/10 NL I check-fold KK overpair on flop

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you do anything other than what you just did.

First of all make it more pre flop, how do you make it 80 out of position against 5 players in a live game, and one of them is a fish. Make it like 120 or more, in the live 5/10 games I play i would make it like 250 here and get two callers so I'm not really sure about your standard raises at the table.

On the flop, you can still lead, and If i lead out it would be for about 250 here since big bets often scare away live players, and they might even fold KQ here for 375 if i lead for that.

So yea, you checked, which is not too bad since you are OOP and you got more action than you wanted. But folding to that bet so [censored] weak/tight unless the guy is total nit, or you are just so sure that he has 2 pair or better.
Just check/call here, and donk the turn usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I should have made it bigger preflop. If 80 will get 4 callers, then 200 or so should get one or two, and fewer players plus a bigger pot makes it easier to play.

But as to your last comment, do I really have to be so sure he has two pair to fold? If I call and donk the turn as you suggested, I think he will fold one pair or worse and only continue with two pair or better. So I win a small pot or lose a big one. This means if he is even >33% or so to have two pair or better, I am -EV.