View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a loss (stillbirth)

poincaraux:

Just three days ago I was wondering where you had gone. I glanced at your post history and saw that you hadn't posted in a few weeks and thought "oh, he must have gotten ticked off about the new legislation, too!"

God, I wish I had been right. I truly wish the only problem in your life right now was the petty and relatively useless one of the government making a hobby slightly more difficult to play.

Your post made me cry, too. I know there's absolutely nothing I can do to make your pain any lighter, but I voluntarily share the burden of carrying it. Hopefully, if enough people hear your story and care about it, your pain will abate somewhat. I offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

The only slightly good news in this entire story is that you and your wife remain strong supporters of each other. Too often, child-related tragedies drive a wedge between husband and wife, so that they not only lose their child, but each other. Cling to each other, and be there for each other, and rebuild what you can. I don't know how, and neither does anybody else, but together you WILL get past this.

During a trying time several years ago, I had a friend who would wake up in the morning with the knowledge that her entire job was to get through the day. She would wake up, point at the sun, and say "you do your job and I'll do mine." The sun is doing its job -- you do yours. Get through this one day at a time, poin. And while I know it's impossible for me to do anything useful here, please contact me (or any of your other 2+2 friends) if there is ANYTHING I can do to help.