View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Pro-choicers must be anti-tax, no?

[ QUOTE ]
uote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think one kind of restraint/limitation is wrong then you must (ought to) think all of them are wrong..

Wow, you suck at reasoning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are misrepresenting my argument. I didn't say "if you are against A, and A is coercive, then you must be against everything that is coercive."

I said "if you are against A because it is coercive, then you should be against everything that is coercive."

It's easy to say someone sucks at reasoning if you completely misconstrue their argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh your 'new' argument is invalid and just as stupid. Mostly because it's the same basic argument I represented you as having. It's an unjustified universal generalization. Did you even read the rest of my post with the 'against stealing then against all wars' argument?
yeesh

If you are trying to make the actual valid argument that the retards who think any act involving coersion must be wrong ought to think taxes are wrong, then please please don't represent that as some kind of common standard view of pro-choicers.

Almost nobody believes any act which involves forcing somebody to do something is wrong. You made the principle sound vague and non-threatening, but then you make huge generalizations based on that principle. In order to validly make such generalizations then the principle has to be explicitly universal and obviously false, unbelievable, etc..

[ QUOTE ]
coercion cannot be a good thing under any circumstances, because coercion must ALWAYS decrease the individual's net utility, regardless of the other values at stake.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't possibly believe this.. I guess we should release all the serial killers from jail and get rid of all the police forces, no? Trolling?