View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 PM

Default PLO Tourney Hand - Heads Up

Okay so I am not that experienced at headsup play in a tourney situation. It is my understanding that it is important to play much more agressively then you would if it were a fullring table.

At this point in the tourney I have double what my opponet has... my hand is slightly better than average so I raise it in the hopes of taking it down before flop.

Now you may be wondering why I call his raise on my pot bet on the flop... well I figure most likely he is drawing to the straight and I have 2 queens which would most likely be the outs he is looking for... so my main concern at this point is that he has JT.

The turn hits and now I also have a flush draw.. so now my main concern was him having 97... but I do have 9 outs to a flush, 3 9s which could let me win here plus he may very well not have the straight... with this thinking in mind how do you like my plays on all streets.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this guy only remained in the game because he sucked out on an opponent with KQ79 on a board giving him only a Kxx on the flop the other play had AAxx... they shoved all in on flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $150/$300
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $4780
Janellebb7: $8720

Pre-flop: (2 players) Janellebb7 is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $900</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1800, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 bets $1800</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3600</font>, Janellebb7 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9000, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 is all-in $4220</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $280</font>.
Uncalled bets: $3940 returned to Janellebb7.