View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Questions for NotReady

[ QUOTE ]
You have previously claimed that all morality is from the bible and God.

So explain to me, using ONLY quotes from the bible, and no secular ethics, which of each of these items is morally worse:

1. a) A bomber pilot takes orders to bomb an enemy house. He knows that 5 women children will be killed by the blast radius. He goes through with the bombing.
b) A man gets together five of his neighbors, and stones his teenage daughter to death for having sex with her boyfriend, as commanded by God in the bible.

2. a) A man has consensual sex with an unmarried woman he met at a club and felt a connection to.
b) A man marries the 12 year old daughter of his friend as payment for services, and rapes her on the wedding night and for years afterwards.

3. a) A man blasphemies the name of the Lord where children can hear.
b) A judge orders a confessed pagan witch to be burnt at the stake.

Much obliged!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the usual answer was that you can pretty much ignore leviticus because, despite being the 'word of god' and so on, we dont have to actually follow it because Jesus did something or other? Or something?

At least, thats the usual vague sort of answer I get when I ask my more religious friends similarly veined questions.