View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

I don't understand a lot of the posters in this thread. They respond to ur54sold by saying "Let me live my own life. You do what you want to do. I'll do what I want to do. I'm not hurting anyone." Now while the last part may be up for debate, it's a good response. But then you turn around and say "backpackers suck lol what a bunch of jokers." Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

I don't think that the appeal of Thailand is living like a millionaire without being one. Living simply among other people living simply is what I enjoyed. Of course it's nice to do that on a beach too.

[ QUOTE ]
baht is like play money to me. i like being told 500 baht for me, or free or whatever...but i nearly always give them like 3-5k baht if they were nice to me...thats so much money to them and so little to me...i really do look at it like charity. now maybe they can take 2 nights off and go see their family or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ski can provide more accurate information than me, but the bargirls than I hung out with during my week in Bangkok spent more money than me. We went to that nightclub Spicy and they probly dropped like 4-5k baht. I somehow doubt that these girls are whoring their way through university while also sending money back to their parents. And even if they are, I think it's unfortunate that girls who choose not to be bargirls have no realistic shot of making anywhere near the money that bargirls do.