Thread: Tells
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Tells

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Benny, how is she raising here? She bet, he gave his speechand called.

[/ QUOTE ]

She says she raises. And then he folds even though she is not allowed to raise because he is so full of himself. Angleshot of the millenium!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, btw, this guy is not a moron. Why would he muck just because she says raise when she can't? I mean, even most morons won't fall for this angleshot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he levelled you.

When I play live at non-electronic poker rooms, I usually look at each person in turn even if I know damn well I'm the first to act. In addition to buying just enough time to make it look like I've at least given consideration to whatever card has just dropped, occasionally I'll catch someone making the "goddammit I would have caught my straight/trips/flush if I had stayed in" face and I'll know that my hand has a better chance of still being best. Additionally, I may look like a complete and utter tool when I wear sunglasses at a 3/6 or 4/8 table, but it allows me to look like I'm focusing my attention on the board when in reality, my eyes are looking elsewhere.

Also, bella, he was calling that bet no matter how long you took to look at that card. A busted flush draw is near the top of his range for you given the action thus far. You're not check/calling any made hand on the turn, so when he checks behind he's practically obligated to call the river unless it's a real killer like K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. As mentioned before, he's trying to impress the table to get everyone else to develop FPS in later pots against him.

And why is any pro playing 4/8 anyway??