View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: endgame, simplified hh. nlsng

hey dave, came a bit late to this thread but just thought i'd add that i think everyone finds it really frustrating when you've grinded your opponent down to nothing and just have to finish the job off. So being annoyed about then losing the game or taking ages to kill the bugger is understandable, but at least you are coming here asking questions about whether or not there are any errors in your play.

yesterday i played a game where i was down to 30 chips, 1 big blind and i went on to win the game. Now i didn't play amazing poker and my opponent did pretty much nothing wrong, i felt really sorry for him as he just could not win a race or suckout on me, whereas i won every race and sucked out on him a number of times. I think every once in a while you get that rare game where to quote dennis hopper you're opponent "is like a turd that won't flush". You just have to move on and think about the multitude of games where you do finish off your opponent and dont even think about it.

Anyway, regarding the shoves, i dont see any real problems with them apart from when it gets above 10+ big blinds where i feel it is better to min-raise some hands.

One thing that i find works really well is to put a few limps in here and there and see if villain tends to view that as weakness and shove your limp. Then trap him by limping all your strong hands. I only really like doing this though with 8+ big blinds otherwise its just shove or fold.