Thread: "Lost" Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: \"Lost\" Albums

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you just connect a hard drive with your songs on it to a decent speaker system? Doesn't seem that hard to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain you need to convert your CD cuts to the right lossless format that will support tagging (since I want an iTunes like interface). I'll have an old computer to work with this winter and try to figure out how to hook it up to the A/V receiver. The remote needs to look like a click wheel and the TV serves as the menu screen. But it might be easier to do than I think. I'll research it more deeply when time permits.

Meanwhile my desktop computer sounds great with upper end Klipsh speakers but that's in a bedroom office.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

The Apple Airport Express is a wireless router that has an audio output. I have my hard drive hooked up to a different router (Airport extreme) so I can use my laptop to connect to my entire library on the hard drive and stream to the stereo. I'm pretty sure that streaming from iTunes has some degradation, even from a lossless source, but this might be close to the solution you are looking for.