View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: 3 commerce hands

Hand 1:
This is really dirty, but I think I puke and call. He clearly likes his hand, and a donkey donkey smooth call, smooth call-- lead is usually a nutted hand. I would expect to see a 7 or a flush like 80% of the time, and some random block/bet bluff a part of the time. The only reason I would call is because his bet is smallish relative to the pot size, and I would think he would have to consider his bet size more if he actually hit the flush.

2. I don't know who gene todd is, but I call, and reevaluate river. I would be very cautious in this hand, but there is too good of a chance you are ahead of AxJc, and who knows what his overlimping range is on the button (any two???). The shaky hand is player dependent (sometimes it means strength, sometimes weakness depending on the player--that's how it works live, it's funny). CRing is very silly, chk-folding to such a small bet is not bad, but kind of weak because your hand still has a high % chance of being good. The only thing that worries me in this hand is that he was the overcaller. People live don't usually overcall with one pair type hands, it's usually draws or stronger made hands, so that would tilt his range to the draw/Q9 in my mind a bit more.

3. I don't get this one. Are you bluff/block/value betting? I've started to do this a bit online, and it usually works a lot better as a bluff. I probably check this turn, your hand is not that great and maybe you can snap a bluff on the river. I'm trying to figure out if betting is better than checking on this river, and I think it is, if only for the fact that he folds 77-1010 SOME of the time, although not often. Weird bet, but I guess it's ok.