View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
That makes sense bobbos. Am I drafting for last place again or can I turn it around... right now have Yao, AI, Billups, Deng, Artest. I'm thinking two big men with next pick like Biendres/West/Harrington/Lee. My strategy is pretty bad probably, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can turn it around! AI is an overrated fantasy player. ppl love him because of his PPG, but again, that stat is the easiest to get. Billups too was not the best 3rd rounder... However, looks like spg (artest ai) and apg will be solid. time to get a big man who can hit 3pters!

So it looks like oyu're going small. I also like the direction of the team; Artest looks like a great pick (if you got him in the 5th round) Not sure if this is 10 team or 12 team league, but of those guys you're thinking about:
from a NBA perspective, Biedrins is the best available. He's also a sexy pick. but he's not what you want!
from a 2p2 perspective, Lee is the best available. He's a sneaky pick. but he's not what you want!
No idea why you lumped west in with that bunch. He will likely fall on waivers. Don't waste him with a pick.

I'd get Harrington. He's def. not the best available or has the most potential to grow (lee and biedrins def. surpasses him) but he'll score alot, he'll get a decent amount of 3s, and his FT% wont hurt you. (wheras biedrins cannot hit any FTs, his PT will go up, and.. yeah) Yao is a great pick btw for FT% bc he's a nasty FT shooter and fills the C spot.