View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

[ QUOTE ]
Just one comment: I think that you should never play poker again. I don't say this in a mean-spirited way, but rather am just being honest. You are pretty misguided in your statement that all poker players experience the same kind of polarized emotions as you do. Far from cry, I have accepted short-term variance to the point where I don't even blink an eye when I drop 10 BIs in a session, etc (my BIs are fairly large and I am fairly young, so think about this).. I just go and take a break, make a sandwich, have a few drinks, go out and have a good time with my friends... there is just so much more to life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is going to be full of disappointments and there is no reason to shy away from them in hobbies even.

I treat poker like a hobby and there have definitely been disappointing moments, which I have also experienced with my other hobbies (and real life too). But that is offset by many positive aspects that success (especially after hard work) has brought.

If it is all bad or the bad greatly outweighs the good, then it doesn't make sense to continue. But I don't think either of us can know that about the OP. And therefore it may be a little overboard to say never play poker again.