View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
But NO EVIDENCE has been laid before the 2+2 community!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is false. The stats post showing three nearly identical players was certainly evidence.

It seems reasonably clear that the same person or bot was playing on several accounts. If this was a bot then she's 100% guilty: close all the accounts, keep the money, and blacklist the owners.

Let's assume that all she did is use three accounts during the same time period (but not at the same table). Some have compared this with the socially accepted but rule-breaking action of creating a different account for rakeback. Sorry, I don't see it that way. A HU player sitting at tables under three different names is taking gross advantage of the other players. It isn't a fair fight the second time we play. She has a whole session of experience with me and I have no idea we even played before. For those of you who don't play HU, let me emphasize this is a huge advantage.

I understand that some networks do permit multiple accounts or screenname changes, but FTP isn't one of them. Someone who breaks the rules and gains a major advantage over other players is a cheater.

The way I see it, the *best* case for SillySal at this point is:

1. She's not a botter, she's merely a rule-breaker and high-stakes cheat who victimized other players out of a lot of money.

2. She's a liar who took advantage of the Zoo. She always had a very good idea why FTP might be investigating her. Probably all of here accounts were frozen at once. Certainly she wasn't an innocent victim.

3. She's a libeler who has smeared the reputation of FTP and online poker in general. FTP may have been insensitive and bungling but she is a malicious wrongdoer who created the whole situation in the first place.

If she had been upfront when the investigation started I would have supported mercy. But she lied, stonewalled them, and dragged their name through the mud. If FTP mistakenly concluded she's a botter instead of a multiaccounter then whose fault is that? She's the one who concealed the truth.

Cheater, liar, libeler, rule-breaker. Confiscation of funds is completely appropriate even if she isn't a bot. The rules say they can do it and the punishment fits the crime.

I'll save my tears for when a truly innocent person comes here and no one believes a word they say. That person will be another victim of SillySal.

PS: Don't misunderstand this post. I still think she's probably a botter. Alternative explanations are far-fetched.