View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Re: I want to turn pro after college

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously get your degree, and I agree with the sentiment of trying to bump your gpa up, if you ever decide to go to grad school, it's obviously important. Once you've finished your coursework, do whatever the f you want. How many people get that chance? Live in another country, take time off, play online, play brick and mortar, whatever. Screw starting your career, screw Ibankings (I did it after school), do what you want.

This is one of the few times you'll be able to look the world in the face and say 'go f yourself' and live it out your way. Who knows, you mave out of the country, live a wonderful adventure and make some coin while all your boys are going to happy hour on Friday night, only to go back to the office after three chicken wings and a beer. Be prudent with your money, plan for a future without poker and live life.

I'm stuck in a cube right now thinking about a hand I lost last night not working. Living in the cube jungle isn't exactly what it's cracked up to be. If times were different and I was in a position to make six figures doing something I enjoyed after school, id' do it without hesistation. If you're smart with your money, you'll hopefully have enough to do something you love without having to worry about a salary. Say you save enough for a decent house and yu want to become a teacher, having a house fully paid for while making a teachers salary is something a lot of people would kill for. If you want to open your own business, there you go. Just do it though.

People won't care you took off two or four years after school to travel and work for yourself. Hell, try and get a job at a consulting company, they'll love the fact you've got that'outside the box' mentality. I worked at and Ibank out of school, quit and bounced around for a few years and then went work for w big 5 (at the time) consultancy. It can be done.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

where did you get your avatar

it is just awesome