View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Iggy\'s Week 4 NCAA Picks

1-0, +1.47 units on the week. FTR, the reason the units end up funny a lot of the time is that a lot of the time I bet to win 1.5 units on Matchbook before taking the commission out and don't think to actually take it out until doing my writeup.

Here are some more picks:

South Carolina +18 at LSU
Kinda went through it in the other thread, but the gist of the analysis is that South Carolina is a very good team and even when they weren't as good last year, they never lost a game by more than 18 points. Sagarin ratings do have LSU favored by a ridiculous amount (32?!), but that's mainly due to one game where SC had half the team suspended and another sandwich game vs. a I-AA opponent when they weren't focused at all. The one real game (vs. Georgia), they looked every bit like the SEC title contender they appeared to be to start the season.

Also, South Carolina has historically played very well on the road as they're 13-4 ATS under Spurrier away from home including covers in their last 8 games. I don't think the hostile environment will affect them too much and I think they should be able to keep it within 2 TDs. Remember, LSU's only real wins this season were over a VT that's looked very mediocre vs. East Carolina and Ohio and against a Mississippi State team that could have kept it close if they hadn't lost the turnover battle 7-0.

Illinois at Indiana +3 (Risk 1.07u to win 1u)
Pure follow on MyTurn's POTW. Liked his analysis in the early lines thread.

I'm betting Toledo vs. ISU as well. Will put up analysis when I get my offer fully matched on Matchbook. Also, trying to take the GT/UVA under, but won't bet unless I get a decent price.