View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Review, Advanced Limit Holdem Strategy (Tanenbaum)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now if you definition of "quality" refers to the number typos or something rediculous like that, well that's just not a concern for me, at least as a reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or as a writer, obviously. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to criticize someone's writing (over a typo or two on a message board), you might want to at least read up on sentence fragments. Then, afterwards, that smiley face of yours can lick my [censored], and then [censored] my [censored].

Anyway, my point (prior to getting pulled over by the spelling police) was that I can forgive a few typos in a book with very good poker content, as opposed to a slick-looking POS.

Sure it's irritating to design a cover for something and then see errors on it (which often occur at the print shop, by the way), but does it really distract you from learning? Didn't you ever see mistakes in school textbooks before? I know a lot of people buy poker books only to admire them on a bookshelf, but that's not their purpose. Mine have writing in the margins, highlighter marks everywhere, some have clear packing tape on the bindings (etc.).

To put the thread back on track, I'm interested in other people's reviews. I plan on devoting some serious time to this and re-reading WITGH. I'd also love to see the Zee/Fromm book published somewhere, maybe D&B can jump on that.