View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Hillary\'s poll numbers tanking...

[ QUOTE ]
For #2, repubs didn't care about GWB's experience, they voted for him because they loved his dad.

Hillary keeps talking about her experience as one of her strengths, which I think is ridiculous.

If those points I listed are wrong, then why do any liberals support Hillary? She's just a pro choice neo-con if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... I'm a lefty and I've never really thought much of Hillary. Frankly, I don't get hot over any of my choices from any party right now.

I simply thought that your part about "lefties finally understanding..." was just some partisan sniping against the left that took shots at things no one in the left really believed.

[ QUOTE ]
For #2, repubs didn't care about GWB's experience, they voted for him because they loved his dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty sad. (no sadder, necessarily, then any of the other ridiculous reasons people choose to vote for someone.) Though completely in line with what I expect from people (of any party.)

People vote for candidates because: they're handsome, remind them of their grandfathers, cause they're from the south (or from their home state.... "wow, they're from my state, THEY MUST BE GOOD"), cause they'd like to have a beer with them, cause they have the same faith... there are many ridiculous reasons that people use to pick a candidate.

I would be amazed if even half the people voting cared a lick about foreign policy experience or plans. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If those points I listed are wrong, then why do any liberals support Hillary? She's just a pro choice neo-con if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are liberals clamoring for Hilary? I'm not sure that all her votes are from liberals. Reasons people might vote for hilary
++ lesser of many evils?
++ first woman president?
++ hope for universal healthcare?
++ they liked her husband and hope he'll be directing from the wings?
++ she's not Bush
++ she seems smart
++ my understanding is that her constituients were happy with her performance... I haven't looked into that lately but I do recall that was the case at one point

These are only guesses. The few people I've spoken to recently who are left leaning haven't really mentioned any love for Hilary. I don't think there are any candidates that any die hard liberal would love. The sad thing is it will probably once again be a matter of voting for the least objectionable candidate.