View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: How should I play overpairs oop?

Ok, you are forgiven. Thanks for the elaboration.

Wouldn't it be correct to bet pot in position and 25% more oop. So the raise must take in account the number of callers of the initial raise. x3 in position and x4 oop are a good guideline when there is only one opponent. When there is more, we have to make a calculation of what to bet in order to bet pot in position and 25% more oop.

Ok suppose we had reraised to $96 in the first hand. I seems most people here can agree on that it would be a good size raise. That would make villain pay $72 to see the flop. In order to set mine he has to have more than 7.5:1 (reversed chances to hit a set) in the shortest of our stacks compared to the price of the call, in order to make if profitable. He has $600 left, so that is 600:72 ~ 9:1. So at first sight he has good enough odds to still call with a small pair, but as good players we do not only reraise with the nuts, and he cannot always count on that we will stack off with them to his set, when he does hit. So the raise is still fine.

Most of us can agree on that line. Let’s say he calls anyway. We then bet 2/3 on the flop. So the scenario is as follows:

SB Hero($1762)
CO($696)

Preflop Hero is in SB with Kc Kd
CO raises to 24$, Hero reraises to $96, CO calls

Flop ($198) 9d 2h 3s
Hero bets $135, CO calls

What is the line to take now folks?