View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Flopped A Flush But I Have My Doubts...

[ QUOTE ]
You have to at least call the turn but I am 3-betting because I am far from convinced that I am behind. It isn't because one of them couldn't have also flopped a flush but because they most likely believe that you couldn't (~117:1).

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that your chances of flopping a flush when you hold 2 suited cards is less than 1%, this number no longer applies on a mono-suited flop. In other words, the reason why your chance of flopping a flush is only 1% is because one of the requirements of flopping a flush is a mono-suited flop and this doesn't happen very often. Once the flop comes out mono-suited, the chance that someone has flopped a flush is much higher than 1%.

That being said. Limp this preflop please. I would call the turn and call a non-spade, non-board pairing river. While it is very likely that one of your opponents has a flush, there's like a 30% chance that it's smaller than yours. With 20bb in the pot you have odds to call. It may not be worth much, but you also have an extra out to a nut hand where you will likely get payed off big time by the caller with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. FWIW - the likelihood that the caller has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes me feel better about playing against the other flopped flush.