View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 PM

Default 10/20 Live - 2 Hands

HAND #1 -

Villain joined the table 30 mins ago. He knows nothing about me and I've never played with him before. An interesting character, wearing black leather with steel fastenings, but new, like he just bought it and is wearing it for fashion, not because he's a biker. One of those shaved down heads with mini-mohawk, and the chin goatee with the extra long strip in the middle that hangs down an inch below his chin. What's that called? I can tell his pride sits down with him at the table.

Backstory: his first round at the table, he raises to $100 from EP. Two callers in front of me, I call from the BB w 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . Flop (410) is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I check, he bets out 260, the other two fold. I insta-pop him to 640. He thinks about it, sneers and says "you don't have an A," then folds. I say, "well obviously you didn't either." He responds, "you're right or I would have put you all in."

Ok, now jump ahead to 20 mins later. Same villain (stack 3300 and I cover) raises from EP to 120. Button calls and I call from the BB w 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . Flop (370) is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I check, villain bets 260, button folds and I again insta-pop him to 680. He thinks for about ten seconds then goes AI. I call and he ends up mucking AA face up after I show my hand on the river.

I like the way I played my hand on the flop, particularly because I had just "picked" on him earlier. As well as for other obvious reasons to raise a set on the flop. But I got to thinking afterwards, what was villain supposed to do here? He can't reraise me for information because any reraise at this point is going to pot commit him with his 3300 stack. I also don't see how he can just fold here, folding AA here seems pretty weak. And if he just calls, then what is his plan for the turn and river? Also, if he did just call, what line do you guys like best for me to get the rest of his stack?

HAND # 2

Same game. Different villain who is obviously the weakest link at the table. He was getting pushed around the table horribly earlier on, and the same guy bluffed him out of about 4 decent sized pots. I saw him fold some ridiculous winning hands to large river bluffs. After losing about 4K without a showdown, he decides he's going to start calling everybody down. And he turns it around and wins about 5K. Several of the players at the table failed to adjust to his change and had continued to bluff and value bet him thin. This hand is really the first pot I've been in with him and he has about 6500 and I cover.

He raises pf to 140. I hadn't seen him raise hardly at all pf, and I decide to call on the button w Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . Flop (310) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . He bets into me 260. I raise to 660, he calls. Turn (1630) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . He bets into me again 500, and I raise to 2000. He thought about it for quite a while and then folded. Afterwards I was kicking myself for blowing him off his hand. It seemed obvious that I should have just called here and let him bet into me again on the river. I guess I was caught up in the fact that he had been calling everybody down, and I also wanted to make the pot large enough so that he would be tempted to get it all in on the river. Anyone like my turn raise here? A smaller raise perhaps? Or is this an easy call only situation?

Thanks guys,

dB