View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Home tourney situation and question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The mucked card is re-mucked. The hand continues with BB all-in vs. button. SB is asked to muck cards in a more controlled way for future references.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed. But how do you convince the big blind that the cards that he is now up against are the correct cards? The person on the button was able to identify his cards, as was the small blind, but the big blind continued to state that the hand was "dead".

[/ QUOTE ]
I think BB wanted a "misdeal". Misdeals occur during the dealing of the cards. If the cards have been dealt fairly, then a misdeal is no longer possible.

At this point, we are now into dealing the flop and any irregularities having to to with this are handled in the fairest way possible and in a way which least changes the deck. At the very worst, SB's cards should have been removed from the deck and the deck reshuffled.

You hardly ever see a fairly dealt hand with action having taken place and chips in the pot, declared a "dead" hand; and then all chips go back to the bettors and new cards are dealt. As a matter of fact, I don't think this ever happens.