Default Re: OFFICIAL share your views THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to lead an anti-ancap crusade into politics solely due to this one statement

[/ QUOTE ]

You know it's gonna be a one way trip and the black hole of stupid suck us in, but i'm ready to share your fate, fearless leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why even bother? Arguing with ACists means operating under the faulty premise that their philosophies are legitimate and not at all the product of selfish privilege and bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're slowly expanding into the legislation forum, where they've so far have succeeded in keeping the debate away from "what regs do we need?" and at "who are you to question the Holy Market when it says AP's A-OK".

This needs to end ASAP, because people who actually have dogs in this fight need to take the legislation forum here seriously, which is not happening right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I thought we were talking about invading the politics forum or something.

In that case, sign me up. Those ACists tend to shut up when you point out that their philosophies are basically derived from the standpoint that "we are intelligent white men of privilege and should be able to hold on to as much of our privilege and money as possible, the consequences to others be damned".

Just ask them how they feel about the Civil War! It becomes clear quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 99% agree, the only point of contention I have is that 'intelligent' should be replaced with 'privy to the best possible education and some of it inevitably sank in and stuck'.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, should have replaced "intelligent" with "educated, somewhat".

What it really comes down to is that they have no problem with (white-owned) corporations pillaging the land and humanity in pursuit of the almighty dollar, but they'll be damned if they give a dime towards social services (that poor/brown people use).

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, they're just tards. It's not really fair to break them down like that, Nath. I have seen nothing to suggest that they are all brandi-swilling white guys of priviledge. I actually think most of them believe this "free efficient market" nonsesnse. It reminds of the "know it all hippies" in south park. Except they're not hippies, but you get the point.

And I'm a huge free trade/free market supporter, but one has to actually bake a little common sense into the equation. Maybe it's just the 10 years I've spent in public company auditing and corporate governance. Lol at industries/businesses policing themselves. It just ain gon happen, ever.

lol and lol. I love that post in legislation that basically says "regulation won't work!! Look at AP!!".