Thread: I Am Innocent
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: I Am Innocent

"Do you really think all your miracle calculating means anything? Aren't you just trying to convince yourself that you're reasonable to ignore the claims of God because He won't give you a miracle?"

I'm not David but one would think his answers to your questions are "yes" to the first and "no" to the second. It's one thing for me to say so-called miracles are ridiculous, that they're either misreported, misunderstood or charlatanism. David is showing how logic and math can elucidate why miracles are likely or not likely to have happened and which ones are more likely than others. David looks at the claims of God not as an atheist or a theist but as a logician. He's often said that he's not really interested in a lot of the issues he discusses here, they kind of pick him when he sees logical fallacies or feels he has something to say as a logician that those closer to the issues may not see as clearly. That is, he's not trying to convince himself of anything, he's letting logic show him in which direction the truth is likely to lie (no pun intended).