View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 500NL LIVE: KK UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
This was a hand that a friend of mine played a few weeks ago, and since he doesn't like the advice I give him I was hoping you all could help me out.

No reads on either of the players involved in this hand. They both have a full stack($500) and we have them covered($1000).

Table is 7 handed.

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1.

UTG folds, hero calls $5, MP1 calls $5, HJ folds, button raises to $20, the blinds fold, hero reraises to $50, MP1 calls $45, button calls $30.

Flop: ($150) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]<font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>

Hero bets $100, MP1 raises to $300, button folds, hero reraises to $450 (all-in), MP1 calls.

Did hero play this hand good or bad and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

my comments on the subject are here

also, one of the cool things about throwing some change-ups into your play is your opponents won't know what to do. if they're all gung-ho about folding to limp-reraises, you can do it a lot. if they call 'em, you do it less. i'd be more partial to balancing AA/KK/some AK with some small card hands when balancing is needed.

the AK kills the offered implied odds problem.