View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of those theories that is working backwards. People choose people like them because they are the people most likely to have them. Different races develop prejudices against other races and preferences for their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's what I thought too but now I'm not quite sure. When I saw the piece on the Today Show, my eyes were suddenly opened to this really strange phenomenon, that a lot of people actually look very much like their spouses! I mean SERIOUSLY look like them.

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're going to say. You're going to say that I've been completely brainwashed. Now that someone has put the idea in my head I'll never stop seeing the evidence for it. But I predict that you will begin to see it yourself. You will notice that a man with eyes too close together on his face has chosen a wife with eyes too close together on her face. And you, Blarg, will quite likely end up with a wife who has ridiculously long toes and lanky limbs. Mark my words.

And the explanation is that we are comfortable with what we see in the mirror and it is familiar to us so we choose mates who have similar features...big nose, wide set eyes, whatever the case may be. Perhaps we want our offspring to look like us.