View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Need help with a hand (I think I did it right this time ) :)

firstly, this is not a strong hand. QTs is good for seeing a cheap flop, but top pair, medium kicker is not a particularly strong hand.

your raise on the flop is ok, but when opponent overcalls that is your first indication that you are very likely behind. What does he overcall that raise with? Either a hand containing a 5 or Q because there are no draws on that flop. He is not going to have called a bet and a raise OOP with 66-TT. If he has a 5 you are way behind, if he has a Q he could very well have you outkicked.
I would probably just call on the flop in position, keep the pot small. Don't play big pots without big hands. you certainly don't want to be playing for your stack with this hand, particularly as this is a limped pot.

Your bet of 1.5 into 17 on the turn is pointless. When you bet try to think about why you are doing it. what is your plan? Such a small bet is going to get raised very often, putting you in an awkward spot. Its just too weak.
You have TP and a spade draw now, but you could still be behind. If you bet, you must bet something nearer 2/3 of the pot. Problem is, if he has a 5 he will probably raise and you will have to fold without the implied odds to continue, or you could shove, but you he is likely to call. You could check/call here to avoid being raised.

River you must fold. There isn't a hand that you can beat that will bet here - even in the unlikely event villain had Q9, he has now drawn out on you.. Villain has showed strength on every street.

BTW, don't post the results at the end of the end. They are irrelevant to the decisions you make during the hand and if we know the result then it affects our judgement of how to play the hand.