View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:56 PM

Default 5NL Need help with a hand (I think I did it right this time ) :)

Thanks to all who gave me advice on proper etiquette here earlier. I have one hand that I just played that is a prime example of what I see to be my biggest weakness. I've only been playing for 3 weeks but I seem to get trapped a lot with what I think are strong hands. I call the villain expecting to win and then I get pounded. What advice can you give me in general, and on this hand in particular that will help me determine when I should get out of a hand?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: 150 BB
BB: 148.50 BB
UTG: 109.50 BB
UTG+1: 227 BB
Hero (MP1): 61.50 BB
MP2: 59 BB
CO: 102 BB
BTN: 273.50 BB

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls 1BB, Hero calls 1BB, MP2 calls 1BB, 2 folds, SB calls 0.5BB, BB checks

Flop: (5BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets 1BB</font>, UTG+1 calls 1BB, <font color="red">Hero raises to 5BB</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls 5BB, 2 folds

Turn: (17BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 1.5BB</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 12BB</font>, Hero calls 10.5BB

River: (41BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets 55BB</font>, Hero calls 43.5BB and is All-In

Results: 128BB Pot (5BB Rake)
SB showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fives) and WON 123BB (+61.5BB NET)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-61.5BB NET)