View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: The last big fight De La Hoya - Mayweather

1. I thought Mayweather won the fight when it was said and done, when the announcer said "And New..._whatever title_ of the world" I thought it was De La Hoya and was very, very shocked. Then I remembered DLH had a belt and Mayweather won it, but even a split decision shocked me, I thought it was unanimous PBF.

2. With that said, PBF is a huge douche who talks a lot of game, like saying he was going to completely dominate DLH yet was not the aggressor and seemed like he was fighting just to NOT lose. I guess stats do mean something but if they didn't keep showing the thrown/hit %'s every 2 minutes i wouldnt of had a clue it was that lopsided in terms of PBF hitting like twice as many and twice as accurate as DLH.

3. Mayweather > DLH very, very hard in the middle of the ring. DLH > Mayweather up against the ropes/in the corners.

4. Great fight and was really fun to watch it drunk with 19 of my lacrosse buddies who were all really into it too. I really missed the big, hyped boxing matches.

5. Kind of dissapointed there wasn't one REALLY good shot the entire fight, neither fighter seemed to be hurt at any point of the fight, besides DLH appearing pretty tired
towards the later rounds.