View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Pot pushed the wrong way, quick chip ditch attempt

Was their nobody in the 3 seat seeing a stack of red being transfered from the 4 seat to the 2?

I don't understand why seat 7 needs this resolved immedieatly. I've only been at a table once when the hand had to be reviewed by cameras. It was early AM at the end of a long 10-20 session, so I don't remember the hand details. Older bad player in seat 8 is just about all-in on the river and shows two pair. Seat 4 shows a larger two pair (I think the old guy was counterfeited on the river). Pot is wrongly pushed to the old guy. Cards are flipped over and the dealer begins shuffiling. Another player who's now in about his 35th hour of the session comments that he thought seat 4 had the best hand. I think about it (I'm about 20 hours into the session) and agree that seat 4 made the best hand on the river. Nobody else noticed, including seat 4, because the table is a nice mixture of donks and drunks.

Floor is called and says he'll ask security to review the tape. Old guy keeps playing with the chips from that pot. About half an hour later floor comes back and explains the board and that seat 4 had the best hand. Security said the pot was about $180, and the old guy must give that amount to seat 4. Old guy now only has $165 left and says "This is all I have left, I'm not giving it up." Floor explains the pot wasn't his and he has to give seat 4 his chips. Old guy is not happy and storms off. Floor asks seat 4 if he is ok with the resolution only getting $165 and he says he is. I have no idea what would've happened if seat 4 demanded the remaining $15.