View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
The decision hasn't been made. Aperfect10 and I don't agree in this matter. He thinks lose money = lose hand. I believe that the hand was still won, though you lost money. That's the reason I posted the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems to me it's a matter of philosophy - are you tracking your PLAY or are you tracking your MONEY? IMO it's the former, and if the play of the hand resulted in you being awarded part of the pot, it's a won hand regardless of ancillary matters like the exact amount of money and/or rake. Actual "lost money" hands can be obtained/counted by the user in other ways (or at least should be able to).

Edit: Also, under the "lose money = lose hand" philosophy, the game level and rake structure can cause the exact same hands/cards/action to count as different outcomes in different games. That doesn't make sense to me. According to the rules of poker you were awarded a pot, to me that's a won hand no matter the environment. The money aspect belongs in a different column or stat or calculation or whatever.