View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: My Four Mistakes In My Broke Hotshot Thread

David,

Actually you made another mistake. Although it is obvious as you now realize that a lot of posters here do understand that most of the so-called superstars either aren't as good as many and themselves think, and have just enjoyed the run of postive variance, your making a post on this topic makes even more posters see the truth of that, including possibly some of those so-called superstars who would otherwise have soon gone broke, but now might pull back.

Which means that the truly top players at all levels, who count on making a lot (or getting their money back) off of those guys when they roll down the bankroll and stakes hill to busto, now might not get as much of their action as they would otherwise. Thus you have harmed the type of players like yourself, who depend for a certain portion of their income on former superstars now tilting the rest of their roll off after true winrates finally overtake short-term variance.

Mistake #5: You are tapping someone else's fish tank!

(note that I have tapped it in the past as well, but people don't put near as much stock in what I say as what you do)