View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: AK on the Button

Hmmm interesting... ok let me take you through what I was thinking as I played this. I agree that this is not at all standard but that's why I thought this was kind of interesting.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> Open limping form fish doesn't narrow his range much (especially with a PFR of 0) but I think we can at least assume that he does not have KK or AA. </font>

Flop: (5.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> When a passive player donks the flop I assume he got a piece of it most likely making a pair which I'm still ahead of so I raise for value. When he just calls I'm pretty comfortable that he is on a pair.</font>

Turn: (4.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Ugh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] His re-donking on the turn is obviously not good for me. At this point I think he can have two pair with KQ, KJ, or QJ or he can have a straight with AT or T9. However, I don't think that a player who is this passive would have donked the flop with either of these hands so I think these are less likely. I'm sure I'm behind but the pots decent size and I picked up some straight outs so I peel.</font>

River: (6.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

<font color="blue"> This obviously is the most interesting part. He leads again but based on the range I had him on I was not convinced that the A helped him. That's why I raised here. When he 3-bet I threw up in my mouth a little but at that point I figured I had to call down in a pot this big. OK that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thoughts, riducule and derisive laughter are welcome. </font>