View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: How much do the experts remember

I just started playing stud games recently and I have a lot of trouble with this. The method that works for me for razz sucks for stud/8. For razz I just remember the cards in order, like AA2699KQ although usually I lop off anything above 9.

For stud this actually is not that helpful because I don't "parse" that very well. When I'm looking at a hand and trying to figure out how many pair outs, straight outs, etc, that I have, I have to think "I need a 7. How many 7s are there. OK. Now, I need a T also. How many Ts are there". Remembering suits isn't really a problem for me so far, but I really only take note on 3rd if I see more than 2 of a suit, and after that I look at the board.

Just remembering folded cards is nice but I need to get them all before the first guy starts folding and then I lose track of who's folded what. Can I forget that 7 because he's still in the hand or was it a different 7 who folded. I just hope it comes with time.

I try to remember, every hand, and I'd say my success rate is something like 20%. But I figure as long as I keep trying it'll get better. Half the time by 5th I've totally forgotten, or forgotten enough that it isn't even really helpful.

I do try to reinforce any cards that I need or that I suspect my opponent needs.