View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Wife turning 30... is this a good gift?

So, my wife turns 30 on Saturday. Unfortunately her birthday is coming at kind of a busy time... we just had a huge going-away party, so another big party is out. And we're about to leave on our year-long trip, so a mini-trip (something she has talked about before) is basically out.

We were planning on being in Europe when she turned 30, but it just didn't work out that way. I think she's disappointed about that, and she might be disappointed if we don't do something fairly special to celebrate.

That said, I don't want to spend a lot of dough because I feel like we are spending a [censored] ton getting ready for our trip, and obv we will spend a lot while traveling.

So here's what I came up with:

A wine-tasting package at McMenamins Grand Lodge. It includes a night at the Grand lodge, transportation to and from several nearby wineries for sampling and dinner for two (including two more glasses of wine) at one of the hotel's restaurants.

The package costs $250, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Or...... would it be better to just book a room for $65 and spend the $190 on dinner and our own private wine tasting?