View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Stars T$/W$ System and Satellites

[ QUOTE ]
jgunnip,

See badgerpro's comment as it is exactly what i'm saying

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with both you and badger pro, but:

"It will stop people from being able to just grind sats soley to make T$/W$ and sell it as they will at least have to play their first entry"

Sat grinders obviously don't want a "must play first seat" policy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -- and most importantly, because satellites are profitable for Stars, and the 'target' tournaments like the Sunday Mil are well-populated and seem to always meet their guarantees, there's no real impetus for Stars to change their system.

If high stakes players really want donkeys and satellite grinders flooding the big Sunday tournaments, then I think the real impediment to that happening is that Stars allows players to make T$/W$ transfers to other players for cash. I think the "must play first seat" policy is a step in that direction (that direction = making the high stake tournaments with feeders softer), but I doubt Stars really wants to disrupt the current system all that much since it seems to keep the money moving and the sats populated, etc., which invariably means more rake for Stars. I think Stars benefits so long as their player's money (be it cash, T$/W$, etc.) is as liquid as possible. Take the WCOOP sats for instance: if I win a sat to a WCOOP event, why lock me into $525 or $1050 tournament that's a month or more away, when I could have that money now and continue to play with it, generating rake and keeping their games full, etc.

So while I see your/Badger's point, unless there's some angle I'm missing here that would really benefit Stars by changing their policy, my suspicion the current paradigm is here to stay.