View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Degen/WallyBalls/blueman

BTW I meant to add this to my first post. The sucks.com site is protected by free speech as long as he does not try to use it for profit. The courts have ruled sucks.com and other sites that speak their opinion about a company and uses a related domain fall under fair use if they are only used to speak out against the company, made clear not to be commercial and it is clear the site is not endorsed by the trademark holder.

This would be a unique case however since one of the other related sites he owns has tried to cybersquat 2+2 on it's index page. Also the fact his other site domains appear to exist solely to confuse people likely tosses the fair use of the sucks.com out the window.

Like Jman says you need to be on the phone to your attorney on Monday and get a cease and desist letter. Even if you don't know where he is it has a Yahoo DNS. The domains however are registered out of the US (Australia) which could make this a bit of a headache if he really wants it to be.

He used the same registrar the guy that tried to screw me used and they worked with me and threatened to suspend the scumbag's domains while it went to ICANN which is part of why he gave up. Hopefully if it gets that far they will be as helpful with you too.

Also like I mentioned earlier research any domain that might be typed in by accident or would be related and pick it up. By running a whois I see 2+2 doesn't even own the .net/org/us extentions of twoplustwo.