View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Don\'t taze me drone!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the whole rest of my post...just ignored huh. Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I guess I agree that police should be better regulated, but imo walmart employees are way more regulated than either doctors or police.

probably the main problem is that doctors, lawyers, and police all regulate themselves. I'm sure if walmart workers self regulated themselves walmart would be broke within a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might want to choose a better example. Even Walmart workers now have unions these days.

There are bad apples and there is corruption in every profession. I'm baffled by your venom towards cops in particular, because they basically carry out the letter of the law the best they can.

I understand, especially in the US, there are situations where cops abuse their authority or do things that may be illegal or immoral with regards to their profession, but that's true everywhere.

I've had good and bad experiences with cops, and by and large you may want to consider that they have a very tough job to do. I'm not saying show them compassion and bleed your hearts out for them, but realize that when a cop goes foul, the crime isn't generally hidden, but sensationalized rather.

So in essence, the public does regulate the policing to some extent, perhaps not as much as liberals would like. And the profession does attract its share of sadists and people with power complexes. That's unavoidable and can't be efficiently screened for.

That, however, does not mean by and large a cop's job isn't to protect and serve and try to bring good and order into a community. It's not an easy job when you consider the kind of people they have to come in contact with day in, day out.

Not liberals, but recidivists.