View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Call I had to make not 20 minutes ago

Man I'm just starting to cool down and I'm about 100% sure I made the wrong call however I am comfortable with it.

Let me lay out the situation. 5/10 NL 4 handed games 1 drunk away from busting. The drunk has probably never played in a cash game before. 10 minute after setting down with 200 he asked when the blinds go up. He proceeds to donk out on people and get about 700 winner.

Hand in question comes up, Drunk limps BB (Regular friendly customer) raises 30 Drunk calls.

Flop Ah 5c 2c

Drunk Checks, regular bets 30.
Drunk check raises to 60
Regular makes it 220.
Drunk calls.

All the regular player has left at this point is a 100 dollar bill (Cash plays) and 4 white chips.

The problem now is that the dealer does not see the 100 bill and deals out the turn and river. The regular player turns his hand over and then realizes he wasn't all in and quickly turns it back over. This is when I'm called over.

I basicly assume it as a burn and turn to soon and tell them that a cards coming back. Drunk starts yelling that he should get his 220 back that he put in on the flop, and that both the turn and river come back. I tell him that it is absolutely not going to happen. He proceeds to call me a [censored] piece of cheating [censored] and everything else yada yada yada.

I might add that I did not know what the regular player had shown.

Heres where my mistake came in, I kept the original river card and replaced the turn card. I got this drunk yelling and cussing in my ear and I make a mistake. I tell them to act on the original river card as the turn card and the drunk says [censored] it I'm all in. The regular player says call and sticks the money out there. The drunk player turns over AQ and the regular player does not table his hand yet. Rivers a Queen of diamonds and I honestly thought the drunk won the pot with Aces up(thought this was going to shut him up) However the original river card happened to be a club giving the regular player the nut Flush.

This is when security was brought in to seperate me and said player etc.

Why am I comfortable? If the [censored] would of shut up I would of made the correct decision.

Also the guys ONLY argument was that he thought both the turn and river cards should come back.

His argument was also not based on seeing the players hand as he also thought he had won with the Q hit giving him aces up.

Sorry if this is all garbled but feel free to chime in.

I did however almost want to say "no [censored] you" when the regular turned over the nuts.