View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Missed freeroll deal of the century

[ QUOTE ]
woulda jumped up and offered to pay the lady $500 outta my own pocket in exchange for 10% of each of the guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. You wanted 10% of whatever these guys got in the main-event? I know you get theoretical value out of that but it doesn't seem that incredible to me.

If they're so stupid that they can't figure out how to go to an ATM to accept this deal then I suspect that getting a 10% stake of these 2 guys at half-price could almost be -EV.

That's really weird that they wouldn't lock-in their seats for such a cheap price.
And if the chip-stacks were relatively equal then it's also pretty weird that she would offer to take only $500 cash to end it.

I have extremely limited live-tourney experience but some of the awful deals I have seen and heard about it, including this situation, lead me to believe that even with typically high-ish juice and lousy structures that those things can still be REALLY +EV.

One tourney I played, the final 4 players agreed to an even split for $2100 each...even though 1 player had 60% of the total chips and the other 3 guys each had 15% or less.