View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: 6 Teams to not make the playoffs- OFFICIAL THREAD

Its not just the fact that they're 2-0. Its the way they've won those games.

NajdorfDefense, lets take a look at those teams you listed:

Denver: 2 very narrow wins over 2 below average teams

Jax: Got run all over by Tenn, barely beat Atl at home...this team lost their last 3 games last year and I have no clue why people think they are good

Tenn: Can't really blame them for losing to Indy, but it is a home loss nevertheless

Cincy: Defense anyone? They have destroyed Balt in recent history, so I wouldn't get too excited about that win.

Balt: Bad bad offensive showing in week 1. 7 point win over a below average team in week 2.

Contrast that to Houston. They've given up 12 points per game(and 7 of those points today were in complete garbage time: up 34-14 with 4 minutes in the game) and scored 27 in their two games. Kansas City only lost by 10 at Chicago, yet Houston beat them by 17. Schaub has 450 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT and has completed over 70% of his passes. His QB rating is over 100. Andre Johnson is making a legit claim as the best WR in the league with 14 catches for 260 yards and 3 TDs in his first two games. Green is looking very solid with just under 150 yards and 2 TDs. They have last year's DROY and Mario Williams really had a break out game in week 1.

They have been very disciplined and smart. It was extremely impressive to me how they responded today on the road and down 14-0 against a solid team.

This team will win at least 10 games imo and make the playoffs barring any huge injuries.