View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: $5/10 SH against a fairly good TAG

I generally go for the turn C/R on a high dry board. He'll fire the turn barrel with KJ or J9 almost all the time...
There's plenty of marginal hands he'll get agressive with but shutdown once you 3-bet the flop.

People showdown too much so you dont have to worry about him folding much...

Things that make me deviate my play between turn c/r and flop RR is.

a) Number of turn scare cards that will stop him from betting turn or calling the turn check/raise.
b) How i've recently bluff with my draws
c) How showdown bound he is (more likely to reraise the flop if hes foldy)
d) How agressive he'll play a weaker draw (more likely to raise the flop)
e) Has he taken turn check lines before.
f) How agressive he'll play his marginal hands (wider raising distribution on the flop, makes me more likely to c/r turn, the most value comes from sucking money out of pairs)

Then weighing all these factors...

As played, I play it the same because most people go for the turn to raise there monsters so I suspect a straight draw most of the time... Very few people have the balls to raise a straight draw on the turn. The T just made it more likely he has the straight draw.

On the river I bet/fold, because a hand like AQ or KQ will check behind too often (if he does have that), KJ may get scared of the full house and you only have to put in one bet.. Also, you may get stupid call from J9. No way he is raising this river as a bluff if you respect his play.....

I rarely have the balls to lay it down to a river raise, so in the heat of the moment, the way you played it may be better because I think he has a straight a good % of the time.

Unless of course you expect him to be thinking on the 3rd/4th level against yoy..which I REALLLY doubt...