View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Hi, I'm a 20 year old student at Leeds uni, and have been playing poker for a couple of years, only one seriously. I started out donking around with friends after watching tv poker etc. I built my online bankroll from freerolls and then usnl on vcpoker a year ago. About 6 months ago i cashed out and moved to stars, depositing $100 and grinding usnl/ssnl. I recently moved up to 200nl and am currently a 4bb/100 winner over a small sample (~10K), largely through running well I think.

I am currently trying to improve my game by reading a lot of 2+2 and watching various videos on the internet. When playing I've stopped playing too many tables and dropped to 2 or 3 where i can actually watch other players and think about how to play against them in a more creative way. I hope to improve my actual understanding of the game and stop being mechanical in how i play.

My aim for the next 3-6 months is to cement my understanding of the game at 1/2 and be ready and rolled to move up to 2/4. longer term i'd like to be able to be comfortable and a winner at 5/10.

Thanks a lot, Will